Emerald Dragon

In questa sezione troverete tutte le notizie riguardo ai nuovi progetti futuri.

Moderator: Gaucci Team

Emerald Dragon

Postby Nilio88 » Tue Apr 23, 2013 2:30 pm

Salve, sono Nilio88 e questo è il mio primo post.
Volevo chiedervi se c'è qualcuno che conosce il giapponese in modo incui possiamo tradurre in inglese (o italiano magari) Emerald Dragon.
Si tratta di un gioco di ruolo uscito per Pc engine (per alcuni Turbografx CD) uscito solo in Giappone, di recente è iniziata una traduzione per portarlo in lingua inglese ma purtroppo si è fermata al 65% nel 2009 per via della presunta morte dell'autore (Dave Shadoff).
Ormai sono passati quasi 4 anni e il progetto è ancora fermo, e mi chiedo se qui c'è qualcuno disposto a riprenderlo perchè Emerald Dragon è un gioco bellissimo che merita di essere giocato da tutti.
Nilio88

Re: Emerald Dragon

Postby Doppiapunta » Tue Apr 23, 2013 7:36 pm

Ciao e benvenuto.
Purtroppo non conosco nessuno che abbia intrapreso il progetto o possa farlo.
Ciao
Code: Select all
I am a hacker, enter my world...

Yes, I am a criminal.

My crime is that of curiosity.

My crime is that of judging people by what they say and think, not what they look like.

My crime is that of outsmarting you, something that you will never forgive me for.

Doppiapunta
Site Admin
Site Admin

Location: Cian De San Roccu - Levanto (SP) vs Cologno Monzese (MI)

Postby NightWolve » Tue Aug 23, 2016 9:55 am

I don't know much Italian, but I believe he was asking about the project status for "Emerald Dragon." Well, it's not dead, I actually took it over from David Shadoff and succeeded in inserting the first text block back in thanks to David's preliminary work, AND I used his superior LZSS compressor from our "Ys IV: Dawn of Ys" project back from 2004!!! So, it was quite satisfying. I am in touch with SamIAm, the translator, who is busy with both Legend of Xanadu I & II right now, but perhaps next year I will get him to resume "Emerald Dragon," for now, I have 62% of his translated results to insert, below are screenshots:

http://www.ysutopia.net/forums/index.php?topic=431.0

Image Image

Image Image

Progress: The first successful insertion of a LZSS-compressed text block on 2/14/2015!!!!

Image Image

Image Image

The key to success in any project is having/building great tools, and so here's an inside look at my translation software with a pretty darn good message box emulator (if I do say so myself :mrgreen:) completed!

I used the Rich Textbox ActiveX control, so I convert my custom encoded format to RTF with about 3 pages of VBA code, and not bad, a pretty close emulation to the behavior in the actual game! It helps that the font is 8x12 fixed-width, so, getting it working pretty good didn't take as long as I thought it would surprisingly enough!
Last edited by NightWolve on Thu Jan 31, 2019 12:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NightWolve

Postby Doppiapunta » Fri Sep 02, 2016 8:50 am

Thank you Nightwolve for the news.
We'll stay tuned about the project. Bye
Code: Select all
I am a hacker, enter my world...

Yes, I am a criminal.

My crime is that of curiosity.

My crime is that of judging people by what they say and think, not what they look like.

My crime is that of outsmarting you, something that you will never forgive me for.

Doppiapunta
Site Admin
Site Admin

Location: Cian De San Roccu - Levanto (SP) vs Cologno Monzese (MI)

Return to Progetti